The Aspiring Student Activist Award has been postponed to a future date...
More info to come soon after our 2022 Winter Institute
The purpose of the Aspiring Student Activist Award is to recognize high school students who have demonstrated a commitment to practicing cultural competence, to developing bilingualism in themselves and others, and to fiercely promoting diversity and equity in their communities. The Oregon Association for Bilingual Education seeks to honor the efforts of these youth, as well as to promote leadership pathways that encourage aspiring activists to continue making a difference for multilingual children and families in our state.
Qualified candidates must:
- Be a junior- or senior-year student currently enrolled in an Oregon high school
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Complete the entire application and follow submission deadlines
- Applications/nominations must be submitted no later than December 16, 2020
- To submit, applications should be emailed to: email@example.com
- Final award recipient will be notified by December 22, 2020
- $500 award will be ceremoniously presented at the OABE Winter Institute, January 9, 2021