2020 OABE Winter Institute
"Multilingualism: Embracing Our Identity and Connecting Our World"
We are excited to invite you to the 2020 OABE Winter Institute from January 10-11, 2020! The conference will take place at Meridian Creek Middle School in Wilsonville (WLWV School District).
More than 200 educators and school administrators from around the state, who share a common interest in improving educational opportunities for emergent bilingual students, gather each year to share best practices and resources. We invite you to come and network with school administrators, dual language educators, educational resources, and other leading experts in the field. Don’t miss this opportunity!
Friday's Conference Details
Friday, January 10, 2020: School visits (8:00-3:00 pm) – visit K-12 dual language schools in selected Clackamas County school districts in Oregon during the day. Participants will have a variety of DLI program levels to choose from. $100 per ticket
Friday, January 10, 2020: Path to Scholarship (8:00-3:30 pm) – workshop opportunity for high school students to support and build their self confidence and courage in seeking post graduation options as well as gain college application/scholarship strategies that work. $60 per student
Friday, January 10, 2020: OABE Leadership Reception (5:00-8:00 pm) – Dual Language and school district leaders around the state invited to join the OABE reception with other program leaders, network, and support bilingualism and multiculturalism in our community. Located this year at Youth Music Project, 2015 8th Ave. West Linn, OR 97068. $25 per additional slot. Space is limited!
Saturday's Conference Details
Saturday, January 11, 2020: One day Institute (8:00-4:30) – join OABE conference colleagues to learn about best practices from the field, and to inform and advance your program efforts. Keynote Speaker 2020: Kim Potowski, Professor of Hispanic linguistics in the Department of Hispanic and Italian Studies at the University of Illinois at Chicago; author of: ‘Language and Identity in a Dual Immersion School’ and others. $150 per attendee
Saturday, January 11, 2020: Parent Strand (8:00-12:45) – parents will be provided an opportunity to network with other families and engage in meaningful bilingual sessions to support their children and grow their leadership skills. Sessions in Spanish provided. $50 per parent
Additional Registration Options
Local Lodging Options
* Institutional membership $750.00 – (includes 5 slots for the Saturday conference, 1 program leader for the Friday leadership reception, 1 parent for the Saturday morning session).
* $75 pre-service college teachers special registration option
- Holiday Inn Portland I-5 South (Wilsonville): 25425 SW 95th Ave, Wilsonville, OR 97070 —- 503-682-2211
- Best Western Inn and Suites Wilsonville: 29769 SW Boones Ferry Rd, Wilsonville, OR 97070 —- 503-570-9700
- Grand Hotel at Bridgeport: 7265 SW Hazelfern Rd, Tigard, OR 97224 —- 503-968-5757
- Comfort Inn & Suites Tualatin- Portland South: 7640 SW Warm Springs St, Tualatin, OR 97062 —- 971-252-3968